Thursday, November 9, 2017

The Phone Call


I went to fun city today to meet my friends Stan and his wife Ann, and we went to two photographic exhibits.  One was at the Rubin Museum, about Cartier-Bresson and his black and white photographs of India, starting back in 1948.  The other exhibit was at the Met Breuer, and it was color photographs of India by Raghubir Singh.  Both exhibits were amazing to see.  At the Rubin, I happened to notice this woman on her cell phone down a short hallway that led to the rest room.  There was something about the lighting and the dark walls and the fact that she was wearing black that grabbed my attention and after several over-exposed images, finally got it right.  this photo needs to be dark and low key in order to work, I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

color values are very interesting here a "story photo". ld