Friday, November 3, 2017

"The Little Nash Rambler..."


I was driving in Glen Cove, and I saw this car, which was parked, flash by out of the corner of my eye!  I couldn't believe it!  It took me about 5 minutes to do a U-turn and then find a place to park, and I hoped the woman wouldn't drive away.  When I finally walked back to talk to her, she said that she had just had her brakes done, and as she was driving along, her brakes apparently came on, and she couldn't move the car!  So she was parked waiting for a tow truck.  I asked if I could photograph her and her magnificent car, and she said "sure."


So this is not a Nash "Rambler."  It is a one-of-a-kind Nash Metropolitan.  They made four of these and each one was named for a particular city.  This one was on display at the New York Auto Show in 1960.  This woman is only the third owner, and the car still has the original paint!  Don't you love that the owner has a matching pink silk jacket?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two beauties on a gorgeous day. Who would think you would be driving with the top down in November. Wow!
Joan

Anonymous said...

What an adorable car. I have never seen one. It's so PINK but I love that she is having so much fun driving it with her matching outfit!! betsey