Friday, November 10, 2017

I Should Know Better!


Man, am I STUPID!  I was on my way to the hardware store and the grocery story just before sunset.  As I came by this scene, the winds were 21 knots gusting to 30, and the waves were crashing into the rocks.  The sun was still up in the sky, and was backlighting the waves, so each crash was a a burst of brilliant, backlit spray!  It was stunning!  So I saw the scene, but thought there was not a place to pull over without turning around, and it was cold and the wind was blowing and I thought that I might get salt spray on my camera, so I kept driving.  What a dolt!  After the hardware store I came to my senses and drove back to the scene.  Only thing was, the sun was setting.  By the time I was in place, the sun had gone from the waves, and all the brilliance was gone!  When will I learn?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture! Trace

Anonymous said...

This is still an excellent photo. betsey