Saturday, April 21, 2018

Eeeek! There's an Elephant in the Room!


I have been at a conference at RIT for two days, with one more to go.  As part of the conference we had a reception at the George Eastman Museum tonight.  I have been here many times, to see exhibits, but it has been YEARS since I toured the house - probably 20 or more, and so I did that tonight.  When I first went to Eastman House in 1960 there were photographs from the collection displayed in each room.  Now they have furnished the rooms as they were when George Eastman lived here.  This is a view from a balcony on the second floor of the solarium, with an elephant's head that George Eastman shot as a trophy and had mounted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I don't think I've ever seen an elephant's head on a wall! It's huge! To each his own..... betsey