Monday, April 9, 2018

The Last Picture Show


OK, I have reached the end of the line with my blot posts from New Mexico and Texas.  It has been a great run, and I hope you have enjoyed the photographs.  This sculpture is just beautiful.  After you land at El Paso airport, as you walk from the main terminal to the car rental facility, you walk past this.  The whole sculpture includes the letters "E" and "P" and then a star.  It is stunning to see these large letters painted with a cloudscape.  I have searched the web, but can find no information on this piece.  It is such a beautiful object, and it made me feel good just to see it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! How tall did they stand?
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

I think about 4 feet tall. I should have posted that information.