Sunday, April 29, 2018

The Camera Show


The third day of the convention was a camera show.  Oh boy, antique cameras for sale!  That's Ok, I am not really interested in antique cameras.  At least I don't THINK I am interested in these cameras. 


They are beautiful I will say that.  When I go to Eastman House, they have cameras like this in display cases.  So it was nice to see these cameras which we could pick up and look at closely.  These cameras are about 100 years old, more or less.


Some of these cameras are expensive.  There were prices on these well over $1,000, and I saw some cameras worth over $2,000.  Many cameras were much less than this.  I kept looking and looking, and one of the cameras was beginning to grow on me.  Gee, I wonder if I NEED one of these...


There were also lots of old photographs and postcards for sale, and lots of old books as well.  It was actually overwhelming to see all these things.  I was exhausted by the end of the day.  But it was fun to have seen all the people looking at cameras and books and photographs.  But what about that camera that seemed to be calling to me?  Hmmm...

No comments: