Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Second Chances



I was on my to get bagels on Saturday morning and as I passed by Scudder's Pond, the surface was mirror smooth.  The reflection of the trees in the water was a perfect mirror image.  But I was going the other way, so I didn't stop.  I just figured that I would take the picture on the way home.  Well, turns out that only 15 minutes later, a very slight breeze had come up and you can see the blue sky reflected in the waves in the distance.  Bummer.  Should have stopped when I first saw the picture.


After breakfast I decided to go back down to the pond, because it didn't seem that the wind was blowing.  Sure enough, the pond was nearly mirror-like and I had a second chance to get my picture.  When will I learn!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for returning to the scene of the.......scene. Stunning image !!! Who needs the West when you have Sea Cliff :-)

Anonymous said...

"going the other way" HA! You didn't stop 'cause you needed your bagel fix :-) Glad you went back. Serene...betsey

Liz said...

I love both of these!