Monday, September 25, 2023

The New Ceiling at Penn


I have had this picture in my collection to post since I shot this on September 7, the last time I was in New York.  After they demolished much of the Long Island Railroad concourse to rebuild the station, gradually they started putting things back together. What was cool was to see the new ceiling which consisted of white panels of plastic which diffused the light and it was pretty cool.  Well, recently when I arrived at Penn I was stunned to notice that now the white panels have color in them, and it is beautiful!  What a surprise.  So I took the time to photograph the ceiling on this trip.

 

Fortunately I have a post on the blog showing the white ceiling, and it does not look bad at all, but how much nicer to have all the color!



 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the added colors to the ceiling to brighten your day at the station.
Joan

Anonymous said...

The blue and yellow/gold colors are so much better than the plain white. What i nice addition! Betsey