Saturday, September 16, 2023

Very Tiny Flowers


As you know by now, we have a white picket fence in front of the fern bank down at the street in front of our house.  I should have photographed it today before I started my work.  Gradually the ferns and weeds and vines grow through the openings in the fence and need to be trimmed back.  So I just set about my work.  About half way through my trimming with an electric hedge trimmer I came across these incredibly small and delicate flowers growing in among the ferns.  They were not sticking through the fence but were growing on long stalks which stuck up through the ferns that were already there.  So I got my camera and photographed them, and then left them alone.  You know I know nothing about flowers, so I tried to look them up using Google Image Search.  So these *may* be Paleyellow Ragwort.  But of course these are not pale yellow.  But I had no luck inserting "white" into the search.  So what they are is still a mystery, but in my search I did get the sense that these are not desirable flowers, pretty though they might be!


This is an older photograph that I did after I trimmed the ferns and weeds a couple of years ago.  When I finished weeding and trimming the ferns, our fence now looks a lot like this, except the paint is newer and the fence is brighter.



 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flowers remind me of asters. Regardless, they look so happy and springy and really stand out against the ferns. That looks like a lot of work clearing around the fence. Good job!
Joan

Anonymous said...

The flowers look so sweet in between the ferns. Betsey