Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Bleeding hearts


This was one of the first things I saw on my walk yesterday.  It is in a neighbor's garden two houses down.  The beautiful magenta color jumped out from all the shades of green everywhere.  When I looked closely, I saw the details of these Bleeding heart blossoms.  They are simply astounding if you look closely at an individual blossom.  Unfortunately, my Micro-Nikkor lens is off for repair at Nikon, and so I was unable to do an extreme close-up with the camera I was using.  Dean will not be happy with me...   :-)  Wait!  I just had an idea!  I went back to look at all the images I shot, and found this closer view which I cropped, which allows you to see the flower in greater detail.  Whew!  maybe Deal will be OK with this...   :-)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Love the close up detail. I had these in my garden on Seaside but looked at the plant as a whole and not the individual detail.
Joan

Anonymous said...

These are such a happy color...they give us hope that the sun will eventually come out and we can dig in the soil again and get dirt under our nails. Thank you for these lovely images! Babs

Anonymous said...

The close up photo is just astounding! Guess I never looked at Bleeding Hearts to see their amazing design. Glad you posted both images. Love Babs' comment that they are a happy color. I agree :-) betsey