Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Mother Goose


Do Canada Geese say "Honk?"  I was thinking of hearing geese flying overhead.  I think that in fact, they do say "honk."  On a walk to the power plant I brought a long lens in my bag with me, and when I saw this goose sitting on her nest in the phragmites, I thought it might make an interesting photograph.  And I so rarely post wildlife photographs.  Note to Stan:  I shot this with my new 55 - 250mm lens on my Canon T7i.  So the equivalent focal lengths are 88 - 400mm.  So now I don't have to buy the 100 - 400mm full frame Canon zoom! 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken, A miracle! Think of how much you saved!-- Stan

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo. Maybe you should photograph some more wildlife. Great close up of Mother Goose.
Joan

ken schwarz said...

There is lot for the eyes to enjoy in the photo. Great shot of the goose, reeds, pond, reflections and contrasting colors! More wildlife photos, please!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Ken...We LOVE Canada geese!! I know that a lot of hoity-toity Lawn Guylanders don't like them because they tend to poop (as we all do!)...but there is something spiritual, comforting and grand about watching them overhead, honking and flying in unison. We'll take wildlife over most people, any day of the week! Anyway, your photo is beautiful, and very much appreciated by us! Babs and Will

Ken Spencer said...

Wow! Than you all for your wonderful comments! Comments keep me going, and make me work harder!

Photodude Images said...

The difference between the 55-250 and the 100-400 is like comparing a Fiat and a Ferrari. The cars are both made by the same company and so are the lenses. The cars will both get you there (well most of the time with Italian cars) and the lenses will both take photos. Beyond that there is no comparison in either.