Friday, May 17, 2019

Previsualizing


The day before I took this photograph, I rode by this pond on my bicycle.  There was no wind, so the water's surface was like a mirror.  The trees had dark green leaves, and the tree trunks were black in color.  Suddenly I began to visualize what this scene would look like if I shot in infrared.  The trees would be a brilliant white, and then the black tree trunks would stand out.  And of course, the whole scene would be reflected in the water.  I could see this clearly in my mind's eye.  So I came back the next day, the wind was calm, the scene was the same, and I shot it in infrared.  It was a joy to see this on my computer and realize that the photograph was exactly as I had imagined it.  Please click on the image to see it in more detail - it is stunning!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Joan: Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Ken...This is a super photo!! I liked it even better when I clicked to enlarge it! What an eye you have...to anticipate what it would look like before even shooting it. That's why you are a pro....! Babs and Will

Anonymous said...

Absolutely amazing! Karen