Thursday, May 30, 2019

Fixer Upper



Last December I posted a black & white photograph of this house, just down the street from us. I took it at dusk, because I loved the spooky feeling of it.  It has been empty for months, after it was sold.  They started working on the inside first, and stripped out all the lathe and plaster in the rooms.  Then nothing for a while.  Recently they started some serious work, first starting to replace the windows, and then they demolished the front porch.  So I thought I would bring you an update of the work so far.  Stay tuned.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to see the front porch gone. Maybe they will bring it back in time. I look forward to more updates and I am happy they are restoring this beautiful home. So many are torn down and replaced with modern boxes.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Hi, Ken...I love this house in the black and white version. I hope that the new owners will respect the original and not try to turn it into a yuppie-fied version of itself. All of the character of Long Island is disappearing with the McMansion crowd...all money and no taste, and no sense of history. Quick....get me off of my soapbox! Happy Garage Sale Day in Sea Cliff...I will be running amok! Babs