Wednesday, January 21, 2009

CCCCCCCold!

It doesn't happen every winter, but when it is really cold, the waves from the harbor crash onto the rocks and freeze, and coat them with ice.  This has been that kind of winter, so late this afternoon I went down there and photographed for half an hour.  Boy!  Was it COLD!  I was chilled to the bone after 30 minutes.  But it was so picturesque I wanted all the time I could stand being out there to look for different photographs.  This one is not bad, and there is one other that I like as well.  The light is magic after the sun sets, with everything all blue in color.  I was expecting that, and was not disappointed. Please click on it to see better color, and to see more details in the image.

4 comments:

Arctic Dakini said...

Where is Seacliff?

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photo, as usual, but it looks mighty cold.
Joan

Amy said...

Waves freezing on rocks? Yeah, that IS cold. But beautiful!

ken schwarz said...

When I clicked on this photo my immediate thought was to grab my fleece jacket hanging from my chair and take a few more moments to enjoy the scene. What ever happened to Global Warming? As the universe continues to expand there will surely be a new ice age in the future. My suggestion, "grab some hot chocolate and throw more logs on the fire"!