Thursday, January 15, 2009

Central Park

I went to the city today to see two exhibits at the Whitney Museum - the photographer William Eggleston, and sculptor Alexander Calder, the Paris years.  Both stunning exhibits.  Anyhow, I promised you no more ice.  Well, it was snowing, so I am showing you a photograph of Central Park in the snow, which technically, is not exactly ice.  I love all the design elements in this image.  I love how my eye moves around within the frame from place to place, exploring all the  different elements.   I found the composition I liked, and fortunately there were a number of people walking on the paths, so I just had to wait until some people were in the "right" spot.  Here it is!  I think...

2 comments:

ken schwarz said...

I immediately thought of Courier & Ives prints when I saw your photographic image this morning. When I take scenic shots, I all too often spend a lot of time waiting for people to "exit" my field of view to avoid distractions. The figures in this photo definitely make the scene. I'll try harder in the future to include figures in my photos to add interest.

Rogers said...

BEAUTIFUL. It is in the 80's here!