Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Last of the Ice

I promise that this will be the last of the ice photographs!  When I went out to look for photographs of the ice on the Japanese Maple tree, this is the first thing I found.  I thought it was pretty cool, so I took a lot of photographs of this.  Then I moved in closer - really closer - and did that image of just the frozen water drop, which you have already seen.  Then there was the wider shot of all the backlit branches.  But I really love my original shot - this one - and decided to let you all see it.  I promise there will be something completely different tomorrow.

3 comments:

Rogers said...

BEAUTIFUL. We only get sunshine here in L.A. so absolutely love seeing the ice. Gorgeous.

ken schwarz said...

This wonderful photograph and previous related blog posts bring to mind that Charleston's weather is expected to take a bitter turn late Friday night/early Saturday morning with temperature readings possibly in the mid teens. I anticipate that our local Chamber of Commerce will be inundated with complaint calls from damn yankees who recently moved here to avoid such nonsense.

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you both for the nice comments. So I promised no more ice, and then I will post a photo in the snow of Central Park. Hey, it's not ice... :-)