Thursday, January 1, 2009

Train Time

I have a bunch of photographs from my trip to the city yesterday.  This is one of the first - my train arriving at the station.  I love the textures in the photograph, brought out by the covering of the snow.  Smooth on the platform, and textured on the rail bed.  I love that the majority of the photograph is made up of gray tones, with the contrast of the black rails and the hooked lamps against the sky, and I love the one red jacket on of the girls waiting for the train.  The headlamps on the train add the finishing touch - another spot of color in an otherwise gray scene.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken,
Looks like an old English train station. Another fabulous shot.

Happy New Year,

JoAnne

Anonymous said...

Yes, a fabulous shot that gives a sense of time and place. I can imagine myself being there experiencing the moment -- lovely.