Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

I went to Manhattan today to see the exhibits at the International Center of Photography.  I took photographs in the train station, outside on the platform with the snow coming down, and in the city, and on the train on the way home.  But it was half a mile from my house that I spotted this - the last light of the last sunset of 2008.  So Happy New Year everyone and best wishes for good things for 2009! Oh, and the colors are much better if you click on this to get the larger image.

3 comments:

ken schwarz said...

I'm hoping you got up early this morning to take the same shot at day break to commemorate the first day of 2009. Wishing the Spencer family a very Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year!

Unknown said...

I've enjoyed looking at your photos all year, and seeing the different subjects you select, Nature, family, architecture and what you see on your travels. I look forward to your visual explorations in 2009. Thanks for your persistence in posting a photo everyday; it's inspiring. A very Happy New Year to you.

Anonymous said...

I never get tired of looking at these trees. You've photographed them in so many different settings.
I hope you keep your daily blog so we can all enjoy astronomy, history, architecture, gardening, etc. Happy New Year!