Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Altamont Pass

In my December 16th post, I promised to go look for an original print from my first encounter with wind farms.  I had driven through Altamont Pass, east of San Francisco several years before but couldn't stop for pictures.  On a return assignment to San Francisco in 1988 I took a day off, chartered an airplane and flew around the wind farms shortly after sunrise taking photographs.  Then I landed and after a quick breakfast of coffee and three donuts at Winchell's spent the rest of the day, until dark, photographing the surrealistic landscape.  I will post a landscape from the ground in a later post. The color as usual, is awful, so please click on this to see a larger image with better color.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow, that is incredible!! What a shot with those rolling green hills...