Friday, December 5, 2008

ptGUI


"pee-tee..." what? Those are two water towers, the old one to the right, built in the late 1800's and the new one on the left, under construction now. This is where Sea Cliff stores its water for their system - where I get my water from. They decided to build a new, larger tank, so it has been under construction for several weeks. I went to photograph it, but realized that my lens at its widest was NOT wide enough. So this is what I did: I took four photographs, of the four quadrants in this photo, with overlapping edges. And then the application called "ptGUI" which I usually use for making multiple image wide-angle views, or 360 degree panoramas, stitched them together to get this one shot! Very cool. So cool I thought you should know about it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You amaze me. I would love to see what you started with to understand the concept.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Joan: What is truly amazing is the software. Imagine pointing your camera in the general direction of a building - but up and down and sideways, and you take maybe 6 or 8 or 10 photos. Each photo has some part of the building in it, but not all of it. The software is SO smart, it takes what it needs from each photo, and makes one giant, seamless photo from the combination of all the photos. Just beyond belief@