Sunday, December 28, 2008

Bobbie the Mailman

This is Bobbie the Mailman's last run.  He is retiring after 44 years!  I can't remember a time when he was not our mailman.  He always came with a smile and a sunny outlook on life.  He wouldn't complain if I hadn't dug out the mailbox after a snowstorm, and he would take the time to bring larger envelopes up to the porch, instead of jamming them in the mailbox.  We talked of our children, how they were doing in school, their marriages, and what they are up to these days.  We will all miss his presence in our lives.

1 comment:

ken schwarz said...

Neat shot of Bobby the Mailman. I remember his friendly smile and easy going manner; he needed very few excuses to come to the front door to say hello. I wouldn't have recognized him from the photo after thirty-three years but it looks like Bobby has aged gracefully. I wish him well in retirement!