Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Getty

I went to the Getty Center today. One of my favorite places in Los Angeles.  Not only are the exhibits wonderful, but the architecture is amazing!  On some of my early trips here I couldn't decide whether to stay inside in the galleries, or come out to the plaza to look at the building itself!  And if that is already not enough, I find people-watching here just as interesting. So I took a whole bunch of photographs here, but this one is my favorite, so you get to see it by itself.  It feels like a painting to me - I am not sure what it is about the image that makes it feel that way, but it just does.  It is just one of the many plazas and gardens at the museum.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE this shot. The tree, the shadow of the tree on the wall, the bright green and the bright blue, with the rock all around...it's gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

the quality of light, especially, feels painterly to me. a fabulous photograph. thank you.

Anonymous said...

oops. i meant to sign the previous comment. you probably guessed, though.