Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Remains of The Garden

I first noticed these stalks from the remains of the garden from my bedroom window.  It looked interesting shooting down on them from above.  Then I came downstairs and went outside to look at the scene.  The stalks stood out better when looking at them from this direction, rather from above.  The sunlight and long shadows on the snow of the side yard adds interest.  Then I raised the camera to include the little fence in the background and the wall, to add more complexity to the shot.  It's called foreground, middle ground, and background.

2 comments:

Obscura said...

Hi Ken,
Great to see your eye still sees great light and beauty. Please e-mail me at ttam2@earthlink.net.

Amy said...

I love all three "grounds." :) In fact, it makes it look like you're taking a photo of a huge pasture, instead of just the side yard - I almost don't recognize it! The fence is the clutch part, love it.