Friday, January 23, 2009

The Kitty's Lookin'

I was eating breakfast this morning when suddenly one of the kitties (OK, it's "BeBe") jumped up on the dining table.  This is not allowed, of course, but the light was perfect, and she was staring at me, so I slowly got up, found the camera, searched for the macro lens for close-ups, and hoped that the kitty wouldn't move while I was doing all this. She continued to sit there, and I slowly made about 40 exposures.  Funny how a cat's expression can change from moment to moment.  What grabbed me when I first looked at her was the incredibly beautiful coloring of her coat and how detailed the patterns of color are in her fur.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

an adorable portrait-she looks like she is doing you a favor by letting you take her picture. Have enjoyed all the beautiful winter scenes in the past week or so!

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks Trace! So nice to be reminded that people actually LOOK at this stuff!

Amy said...

My, what a serious cat! It's cool to be able to look at her that close-up.