Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Shovel

I went out on the front porch on the way to the driveway to go look for the morning paper.  For some reason this scene caught me.  Could it be that I have been using this shovel every day, two or three times a day for the past several days?   :-)   I do know that the light was right, with a enough directional light coming from the right to make a faint shadow on the wall and of course my favorite Japanese maple spreading to either side of the porch pillar.  That seemed to be enough.  It was not an easy shot, though.  I think I spent 15 minutes trying different
compositions before choosing this one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the symmetry. Snow shots definitely agree with your camera.

Amy said...

I love it! It's a neat shot in so many ways. And it also makes me smile to see the front porch like that. And wow, you guys really DO have a lot of snow.