Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Ice Storm

This is astounding!  We had a light coating of ice on everything this morning, after the snowstorm yesterday.  I started taking the "usual" photographs of ice-covered branches, then gradually moved closer and closer.  What amazed me is the detail in this single frozen drop of water!  I think that the texture in the drop is from air trapped within.  I have posted a larger than normal image.  You HAVE to click on it to see the amazing detail in this drop of ice.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wowee wowee wow!!! Incredible. What a job that ice can do on such a little twiggy branch. I want this on my wall, too. Uh oh, I'm running out of wall space already with all the Ken Spencers I want to hang up.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the glass slipper from Cinderella. I love the detail in the tip - beautiful.