Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Antique Shop

I drove by this store in Sea Cliff, and saw the American flag and a reflection of the sky in the window, so thought I would stop and see what I could come up with. It was not easy. I ended up with three completely different photographs. Three of them were more about the inside of the store, and the design of elements in the photograph. This image was more about a sense of place, and a sense of light. After working on all four photos, I spent a fair amount of time trying to choose, and decided to go with a sense of place. It is a more subtle choice, but somehow richer, for not being about just design but about where the store is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that the reflection gives this an almost ghostly quality, so appropriate for the kind of store it is, filled with treasures of days past.

Amy said...

Well said, previous commenter. Sea Cliff really has held onto its old world charm, hasn't it.