Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Things That Surprise Me

It has been a bit difficult these days to find subjects.  I decided to look for close-ups today, and started examining these Hydrangea leaves outside the dining room window.  I was looking for texture and design in the image.  I was taken by the vein structure of the leaves in the center.  What I did NOT see was the bluish tint to those leaves.  I was photographing in late afternoon in the shade, but there was no hint of blue.  It was a surprise to find that color in the final image.  You may have to click to see a larger image to see the subtle colors.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm surprised, too. but i think this interesting photograph is of the dried flowers, which would explain the blue. lovely.

Anonymous said...

absolutely love this. the delicate veining in the flowers is extraordinary. what a good eye. what an artist.

Amy said...

I like seeing the last breaths of the living petals, holding on and staying alive beside the dying ones next to it. so interesting.

Ken Spencer said...

Wow, this was fun, to find three comments on this photograph! Thank you all. I will work harder now!