Friday, February 27, 2009

The Judging

I was asked to be a judge for a photo contest at a local library.  It was the "Young Adult Digital Photo Contest" for  kids from about 11 up to 20, I think.  There were three of us as judges, and I brought my camera, of course, hoping I could fine a blog photo.  I was immediately taken by the hands of this judge, how she was holding her fingers while she contemplated the photographs.  There were a lot of really interesting photographs, and so our job required a lot of thought.  We ended up all being in agreement for the winning photographs, which was nice.  No fistfights!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you were all in agreement. What was the winning photo about?
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

The theme was about this particular town in winter. So the winners were all landscape photos. First place was a beautiful pastel-colored photograph of the sea and sky. That was in the older category. The first place image for the younger group was a photograph of three gas-station pumps at a shell station, believe it or not. But it stood out because it wasn't about just about nature.

Amy said...

What a cool shot!! I love that you captured those hands as they contemplated...