Friday, February 13, 2009

Sunrise

Sunrise? Where are the golden colors in the sky? This is not a sunrise in the sky. There is something called a "Sunrise pattern" known to those who fabricate the stainless steel for diner walls, and this is an example of it. We have all seen this pattern in diners, and it is a classic. I was at the "Dinosaur Breakfast" this morning - the gathering of ex-newspaper people that I go to once a month. The light was just right, to add highlight reflections, and this caught my eye in a second. I have been here for breakfast a number of times, and for some reason never noticed this, for some reason. Well, I saw it today, and here is my photo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ken,
Just enjoyed a nice leisurely visit perusing your site, you are inspiring and so creative. Btw, happy valentines day too - will peek back later just to see what you recorded today! - Julia

Anonymous said...

Love this pattern - modern, sharp but then it swirls and bends off to the right

Amy said...

This totally caught my eye because I had NO idea what it could possibly be. I'm still slightly confused by it, but that's just why I like it. There's so much going on.