Friday, May 29, 2009

How Much Is It?


This photo is just about color. It was late in the day, in the shadows of the buildings on 33rd street. I was passing by and was taken by the incredibly bright orange, contrasted with the brilliant blue. So I stopped and shot it. The people in the street are blue as well, because they are only lit by the blue light of the sky overhead - there is none of the warmer light of the direct sun. Want to hear a funny story? I was traveling with someone once, and saw a store that said it was a "dollar store." I had never heard of one of those, and I forget what I said exactly, but I think it was something like: "Why do they call it a dollar store?" "Because," the answer came, "everything in there costs a dollar!" Duh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duh! You have not lived - if you have not been to a Dollar Store. Too busy going to museums huh?
Joan

Anonymous said...

Jack's stores. Jack's world. Who is this Jack anyway?

I agree with Joan. Culture is something you can get on all levels, for as little as 99 cents.