Saturday, May 2, 2009

Moonrise From The Couch


Last month I was tired one afternoon, and did the unusual thing of lying down on the couch to take a short nap. I usually stretch out in my chair. When I woke up, I noticed the moon rising in the East through the window. While I was idly looking at the scene, I thought it might make an interesting shot for the blog. Interesting because I would usually not shoot a scene like this - I would go outside and maybe go down to the beach and look for a traditional scenic. So this is not traditional - it is a different way of seeing for me. Of course it could be that this is not even a complete photograph. But I liked that I was, for a few minutes, thinking of seeing the world in a different way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this photo. It's the mood of it that's so lovely. And the unifying blue tones that bring the outdoor scene and the window frame together. Most photos are usually the reverse, the moon would loom large and the frame would be less prominent or cropped out. The composition makes it special.

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you so much for your comments. They help me understand what it is about this photograph that makes it different for me, and your comments pointing out that the moon ends up being less significant than many of my other photographs of the moon. I work intuitively, so it is fun to see what others think about what I have done.