Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tarpaper


I ran out of tarpaper today, so after dinner, went to Home Deopt to pick up a couple of rolls. On the way home I drove by this familiar scene that I have photographed so many times before. But I don't remember seeing it quite like this. You are going to love this - I was kind of tired, so I thought "Gee, I should come down here and photograph this scene at sunset some night." WHAT? Then I came to my senses, turned the car around, and went back to where I first saw this. The weather was really clear, so that's why the nice orange sky at the horizon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this picture, it's BEAUTIFUL!

Wonder what's that white spot (on the right, somewhere in the middle of the photo) in the sky? UFO? LOL =D

Amy said...

Good lesson in taking the moment in life while you have it...and it worked out well, what a GORGEOUS photograph. Makes me miss that scene myself.

ken schwarz said...

I never get tired of this scene; it brings back many happy memories of our time in Sea Cliff. Your black and white photo "Trees & Fog" dated 11/76 hangs in our downstairs hallway.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I also have a picture of Trees & Fog in my living room - I think I need to change to color...bsk

rc said...

This picture is a perfect representation of what someone once told me when we were driving into Sea Cliff. She said "when I get to this point while driving home, I could just close my eyes". Beautiful photo!

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you, thank you for your wonderful comments. The bright speck in the sky is the blur of an aircraft, inbound to LaGuardia. In visual conditions, they loop around from the south, head north until over Long Island Sound, and then turn west (the direction this aircraft is headed in) and go directly to LaGuardia.