Monday, May 4, 2009

Rain Again Today


It rained again today, so I went into the yard to see what I could find. This is our dying dogwood that has been in our side yard for 39 years, and it has always been a joy to watch come into bloom every spring. Half of it is gone now, and apparently there was no way to save it. Anyhow, I first looked at the blossoms, and did some photographs of them. I moved to the left, and realized that there were some of the dead branches in the foreground that were out of focus. At some point I decided to focus on the branches just to see what it looked like, and I was stunned because there were water drops on the branches. It was a completely different looking photo - just because of a change of focus! Wow! I love that this has a completely different feeling from what I normally recognize as a picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so Zen. It has a lovely Japanese quality to it. Even better than seeing the blossoms.

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you!