Sunday, May 31, 2009

I didn't Fall off the Roof


I didn't fall off the roof, and I did not make this picture up! I was up on top of the roof and took my gloves off to pick up some nails, and one glove rolled down the roof away from me. I reached for it and the other did likewise. They rolled down off the dormer, fell on to the main house roof, then rolled off that on to the back room roof and then fell to the ground, out of my sight. Imagine my surprise when I came down to retrieve them, and found them this way! I couldn't believe it! I swear to you I did not move them! This is exactly how I found them, and I couldn't believe it. There is something kind of spooky about this shot. Not sure what it is - maybe some sense that a person is buried under all this rubbish from tearing off the old roofs. In any case, I think it is one of the coolest photos I have posted in a while.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! It does look like someone was buried under the rubble!
CY

Anonymous said...

That IS spooky! Cool shot.

ken schwarz said...

Cool photo - major coincidence that the gloves wound up in that position. By the way, since 1970 how many times have you shingled the house? Is this the second or third time? With any luck, this job will last until you're 90 - any plans to do it again?

Anonymous said...

Great shot. It looks like a special effects shot for an upcoming movie. Hey, maybe a new career is born. Di

Ken Spencer said...

In about 1977, when I was 35 I re-shingled the roof, adding a second layer of roofing to the roof that was there when we moved in in 1971. I was 35 at the time, and figured that when I was 60 (the shingles have a life of 25 years) I would re-do the roof. You are not allowed to have three layers on a roof, so my intention was to tear off both layers to bare wood and put on a new roof on, which I am doing. I got behind in my planned schedule, so now I am 66, instead of 60 for the job. And you know what? I am DONE with roofing! These are 30 year shingles so I am good to 96, by my calculations! I plan on living to 96, if anyone is curious... :-)

Amy said...

Wow, great shot! Spooky, moody and really interesting. I agree, it's one of your best!

fuzzy said...

This photo is truly incredible, and is one of the best of late. It's thought provoking, unsettling. And if you plan to re-roof the house again in 30 years, when you're 96, we can expect a similar photo to be taken, but not by you.

Kamrul Yeanani said...

If you want to to be on the best website, then it means you better read this

nitrile work gloves

Avnish Yadav said...

Ensure a successful fishing trip with the right Fishing Gloves mentioned on Twitter.