Monday, May 18, 2009

Oh No! He's on the Roof Again!


On the roof again? Wait, I thought you were done with the roof? Well, not quite - I am in the home stretch. I had hoped to finish before Thanksgiving last year, but the weather did me in. Spring has been a day of sun and a day of rain - I need two clear days in a row, which I finally got today. I need four days to finish, and have used one - I hope to re-roof this section tomorrow - today I stripped the two layers of roofing. Then two more days to finish the main house roof. I have a back room to strip and roof as well, but that's down low, and easier to work on. Notice my nice new chimney on the right of the photo.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a maniac.

Anonymous said...

I'm exhausted trying to keep up with you!
Joah

Anonymous said...

Wow, do you travel? I know a couple of roofs that could use some work
Diane

Dan van Benthuysen said...

I'm Sorry, Ken, but this just looks way too much like a picture of a crazy person. Perhaps you should have the medication checked.

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for your comments. Yes, I am nuts to do this. I do travel, but not to do another roof. Maybe for other things... No, I will not do another roof!!! And I realized today that I am now SO tired of this project! I can't wait for it to be done! I am sore all over!

neen said...

My thought is that I have seen this way too many times - Bob starts a project and the finish timeline stretches and stretches and stretches. My sympathies to Aunt Kate.