Friday, May 1, 2009

Helping the Economy


Question: "How many bicycles do you need?" Answer: "Just one more." What I am doing here is helping the economy to recover by supporting my local bike shop! I received a letter in the mail the other day, telling me I would receive my Stimulus check at the end of May. So I decided to do the right thing, and not save the money. About the bike: It is a Specialized Hardrock mountain bike, the least expensive one they make. My plan is to drive less, and use this to buy bagels on the weekend, and to go to the grocery store and Starbucks by riding my bike, instead of using the car. Seriously. The neat thing is, when I ride my racing bikes, I have to get all decked out with my spandex shorts and jersey, and my bike shoes with cleats before riding. With this bike, I just put velcro straps around my jeans, toss on a helmet, and off I go. And don't you just love the yellow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! One less car polluting the environment! Go, Yellow!

Chuck said...

Come on, man! That bike doesn't even have a basket or a chain guard on it...or fenders, for that matter! If you're going to use it for utility purposes, you should have insisted that it was outfitted with a basket, at the very least. How else will you be able to get all those groceries back home?

Ken Spencer said...

In a Backpack!

Anonymous said...

Can't you get one of those wagons that hitch onto the bike? You can prentend you're giving the cat a ride. I agree with Chuck. Get a basket!