Monday, February 14, 2011

Hot Peppers


A friend in my astronomy club gave me these a couple of months ago, and said they would be great chopped up in a dish. I couldn't think of any dish right away, so put these on the windowsill (where some of you have seen them in other photographs and mentioned that to me.) I wanted to do some kind of still life with these and kept thinking about the correct background. This morning I noticed sunlight on the bathroom vanity, and the sunlight had a texture to it because the sun was shining through a window screen. So I took them upstairs, and messed with them for a while. I took a number of images, but like this as being different. Most of the other photographs were very two-dimensional, since I shot from above, and they were about the design of the photo. This photo is about the peppers themselves.

No comments: