Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Mysterious Door


This door has fascinated me for over a year now. It is located ten feet off the ground in one of the new Roslyn Viaduct bridge abutments. The bridge is made in sections, and all the pieces are held together with a number of cables which all end up under tension, in this room. For 6 months they left a ladder up to the doorway, and I was DYING to park my car, and climb up the ladder to see how the cables are anchored. But I didn't want to get arrested. You know, "security." You know "Nine-Eleven!" They probably would have had to shoot me if I knew how the cables were fastened.

2 comments:

Photodude Images said...

That's where the bridge troll lives. It's the emergency fire exit for him, which was required by the town fire inspector and building department. Our government looks out for everyone.

Ken Spencer said...

You crack me up! VERY funny!