Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ice With Everything


Well, in contrast with yesterday, today we had blue sky and sunshine, and it was cold. I suppose I should have gone out and photographed sunshine. But I had so many nice photographs from yesterday, that I have decided to post this beautiful image instead. It was warm enough yesterday that all of the ice melted off the branches, here on Long Island. My sister said that was not the case in Connecticut. She woke to ice covered trees and bright sunshine, which WOULD have made a beautiful photograph, IF she had thought to take it... :-) When I am composing a photograph like this, I just try to balance heavy dark "lines" and delicate lines until I feel a balance - that the photo doesn't feel out of balance on the left or right, or that the top or bottom doesn't feel too heavy.

No comments: