Friday, February 18, 2011

How Long Does It Take...


How long does it take for a cubic foot of snow to melt? The answer is: "That depends." And this is a ridiculous question, of course. Last Friday I posted my photo of the cubic foot of snow I cut so I could calculate the weight of snow on the garage roof. So here it is exactly a week later, and this is what is left in the driveway where I left the cube so I could watch it melt. You may ask, "Uhhh... what is the POINT of this?" Well, actually, there is no point. It was just fun to watch this melt. It is interesting to note the shape that this has evolved into. I included the tape measure, because otherwise there is no sense of scale at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe part of your cubic foot of snow is still standing with the warm weather we had. How much does it weigh now? I did enjoy your science experiment. Too much time on your hands! :-)
Joan