Friday, May 23, 2014

Men At Work


When I was at Roosevelt Field Shopping Center the other day, I saw mountains of dirt, piled almost thirty feet high where one of the parking lots once was.  I wondered where that came from, then I rounded a corner, and saw huge pre-cast concrete beams coming out of the ground and extending into the sky.  A new building is under construction.  Huge cranes lift all these pieces into the air, and these workers bolt them together.  So I was kind of playing with the design within the frame of panels, and spaces, and human figures.  I think the official artistic terms are positive and negative space.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Positive and negative space AND colorful little men crawling over it like ants building their nest.
Fun photo!

Anonymous said...

It looks like a live video game. :)