Saturday, May 24, 2014

Remember Floppy Disks?


Remember Floppy Disks?  These are actually Zip disks which have been chopped apart with an axe before discarding them.  I am going through and trashing old technology.  These were pretty amazing at the time.  A floppy disk would store 1.4 MB of stuff, and these would store 100 MB.  I checked to see if there was anything important on any of them - I still have a drive that will play them - and I saved a few old photographs.  But to make sure that no one would retrieve anything from them, I made sure they were completely destroyed.  This almost looks like an abstract painting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Kenny. Keep cleaning out all of the old stuff! :-)
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

You're FUNNY! I give you credit, though, you are king of the thrower-outers! :-)