Friday, May 30, 2014

You Gotta' Be Quick...


I came out of the grocery store after buying stuff for dinner and saw these trees lit by the setting sun, against the beautiful clouds.  A cold front had just passed through and we had showers and beautiful thunder gray skies.  I was carrying two bags of groceries with me,  so I held them both in one hand,  and grabbed the toy camera on my belt with the other hand. It takes about 4 seconds for the camera to open and be ready to shoot, and by that time, some of the light had gone off the trees.  Rats!  I took the photograph anyway.  Then I came home and did a little work in photoshop to darken the sky just a bit, and to lighten the trees.  So the effect is the same, but I wish I had come out of the store about 30 seconds earlier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Perfectionist - seconds do make a difference! Never realized how much until your comments. Thank goodness you have the ability to change things on your computer.

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks for your comments. It is fun to think about what goes into taking a photograph sometimes.