Sunday, May 18, 2014

What's Wrong With This Picture?


I don't know what's going on around this house.  You may remember that on April 1st, I posted a photograph of a teacup, that cracked completely in half.  This morning I reached into the cupboard to get a plate for my toast, for breakfast.  Crack!  Now I have another piece of ceramics split in half!  What is going on here? Nothing, really.  We have owned these pieces for years now, so there is no mystery involved.  The trick for me, was to photograph the broken plate in an interesting way.  I wanted it to be a bit surrealistic, so that's why I put the food on it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will now have to start doing mosaics on a vase or table with all of your broken dishes!
Joan

Anonymous said...

Great comment, Joan! Good way to use such a pretty plate...bsk

ken schwarz said...

This photograph is fantastic along with the supporting commentary. But I couldn't help but notice that the blade of the knife is facing outward instead of inward as it should be for proper placement. Or was the utensil placement meant to be part of the "surreal" visual experience?

Ken Spencer said...

OH NOOOOOOOO... I'VE BEEN DOING THE KNIFE IMPROPERLY ALL MY LIFE!!! AIEEEEEEEE! What a dolt!

Anonymous said...

OMG Ken. The rest of learned proper place setting from Great Aunt May & Dora! Where were you?
Joan

Photodude Images said...

It's nice when your marriage outlasts the china.

Ken Spencer said...

I guess I was not paying attention when Aunt May and Dora were showing all of you how to set the table. OK, here is a chilling thought - How many food shots have I done for publication, with the knife facing the wrong direction? I think a lot of them... Yikes!