Thursday, May 1, 2014

Pointy!


The village of Roslyn is three miles south of Sea Cliff, and it is a showcase of historic American architecture.  Back in the 1960's a doctor and his wife began buying and restoring homes in the village, and then began working with the Board of Supervisors and others to designate Roslyn as a village worthy of preservation.  Over the years I photographed them, and many of the restored houses.  Because of my love of architecture, I always enjoy wandering around Roslyn looking for photographs.  I was driving through there today and saw this magnificent fence.  I was blown away by the pickets - they are all dowels, and they are all sharpened to a point on the top!  I wouldn't want to fall on this fence!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this to keep people from climbing over the fence? Much more pleasing that barbed wire! It is beautiful looking.
Joan