Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Back to the 1950's




Our alternate breakfast place in Venice is Cafe 50's on Lincoln Avenue.  It is a different experience from the place on Abbot Kinney.  As you can see, it has all the accoutrements from the diners we knew back in "the old days."  My favorite, of course, is the juke box selection box in each booth.  They don't work here - you have to get up and go to the juke box itself,  but that does work.  And of course our favorite choice for breakfast is two eggs scrambled, with bacon and whole wheat toast, and home fries.  Makes me feel sixteen again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun! As soon as I saw the photo I imagined you putting a quarter in and choosing 3 songs. Sorry to hear they were not working but love that they left them at the booth.
Joan

Photodude Images said...

It was before my time, but I'm pretty sure that there was no whole wheat bread in the 50's. That was the era of Wonder Bread - "Helps build strong bodies 12 ways,"

Anonymous said...

those are all my favorites too! the jukeboxes and the breakfast selection! :)...