Saturday, September 6, 2014

The End of Montauk


I mean, it's not the end of Montauk.  It's the end of my Montauk postings.  I guess it should be, because it's been nearly two weeks since I have been there.  There is something about this place.  I see photographs everywhere I look!  It really is amazing.  And then there is that amazing light.  Interesting that I could find two week's postings in two days of shooting!  This happens to be a small window in the gallery that I happened to look out of.  At first I was drawn in by the ivy growing on the glass, but then the picture began to be about the sea and the sky and the building outside.

2 comments:

ken schwarz said...

I hope you will not be offended, but of all the Montauk photographs you took during your recent visit out east, this is by far my favorite. I love the simplicity, the view through the old glass window and the sense of tranquility of this old weathered wooden cottage. A very nice end to the Montauk series!

Ken Spencer said...

Not offended at all. It is always interesting to me which photographs different people find as their favorites. I might not have guessed that this would be a favorite, but I DID actually take the photograph, and I did choose it and post it, so I must have seen something in it that mattered to me. Thanks for your comment!