Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Father & Daughter



I was standing out on the breakwater at Ditch Plains, using a long telephoto lens on my camera, and saw this father and daughter heading out together on a surfboard.  They stood out from the usual crowd on their boards because there were two of them.   I kept my eye on them and as they caught a wave, I watched them surf in together all the way to the beach, and then turn around and paddle back out. I saw them make a couple of runs, and you could see the daughter grinning.   It was so cool to watch, and warmed my heart to see them enjoying their time together.  I also loved the daughter's trust in her dad, that he would keep her safe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these Montauk pictures, so keep them coming. Anything to extend the feeling of summer. And these pictures of the father and daughter are wonderful. Isn't this so much healthier than taking your daughter to a shooting range to learn how to shoot an Uzi? Polly

Anonymous said...

Enjoying the Montauk photos and love this of father and daughter. So nice to enjoy the outdoors and water. Have you ever surfed?
Joan

Anonymous said...

Heartwarming commentary about father and daughter. Great to start teaching when they're young. bsk

Ken Spencer said...

I have never surfed. On this trip, we tried a paddleboard surfboard. I was SURE that I wouldn't fall off, I nearly wore my glasses, but Amy suggested that would not be smart. She was right! I tumbled off a couple of times - the water was very refreshing... :-)