Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Hey Mister, What's in the Box?


The box?  What's in the box?  Oh...  a drone...  :-)  Yeah, I couldn't stand it any longer, and after learning so much about drones decided I needed one.  It is good that I waited two years to get one, because the Phantom 3 that I got is a great drone that has been superceded by a newer model, and so I got it new, at a bargain price.  Now I have to learn how to use it!  Given the nature of this flying machine it is REALLY important that I know every detail about its operation.  The manual is 55 pages long, and I need to read it all.


Could you imagine if I *thought* that I knew how to use it and then after takeoff it just flew away!  Yikes!  So maybe I will get to fly it tomorrow for the first time.  Maybe not.  Depends on how comfortable I feel about all the controls.  I can't wait!  And of course, since the drone does both still photographs and video, you can look forward to aerial photographs once I get this figured out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boys and their toys! I would guess you stayed up all night reading.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Wish I could've put money on how long it took for you to buy a drone!So, when it just "took off" how did you get it back? This should provide hours and hours of fun. I'd love to see some aerials of you riding your bike! That would be neat.

ken schwarz said...

Today's photo illustrates a Poster Boy For Toys. Does the acquisition of a drone mean you are transitioning from fixed wing to rotary wing aircraft?

Anonymous said...

I knew you would buy a drone immediately! Cannot wait to see some photos from your new purchase. betsey